Support Desk Technician - Lake Charles, LA
Work from a comfortable office environment as a Support Desk Technician Level I. Technicians will spend the majority of their time in the main office but do occasionally travel to client sites in SW Louisiana, Central Louisiana, and SE Texas.
Technicians identify, research, and resolve technical problems. Additionally, they provide support to end users on a variety of hardware related issues covering PC’s, printers, mobile devices, networking, switches, and Internet routers. Technicians provide end user software support including Windows desktop operating systems, email, Microsoft Office, and various other software packages.
Technicians use remote control software and Citrix shadowing capabilities to provide direct end user support as well as verbal communication and occasional on-site visits. Technicians respond to telephone calls, manage support tickets, and personnel requests for technical support. Technicians will document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Two years experience or equivalent coursework providing technology support.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Office Productivity suites.
- Experience working with and supporting computer networks such as: Switches, Network Cabling, Wireless Access Points, and Simple Firewalls.
- Able to communicate politely, clearly, and effectively with end users over telephone and by electronic correspondence.
- Attention to detail and the ability to document and track activities in real-time.
- Able to multi-task and work in a quickly changing environment with distractions.
- CompTIA A+ (Must be current or completed within first 90 days of employment)
- College Degree
- Microsoft Certifications
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Full Medical Insurance
- Optional Vision & Dental
- 401k Plan
- Travel Allowances