Systems Administrator - Lake Charles, LA
Work from a comfortable office environment as a client Systems Administrator. Administrators will spend the majority of their time in the main office but do occasionally travel to client sites in SW Louisiana, Central Louisiana, and SE Texas.
Administrators manage client networks, servers, and software. They identify and present new technology ideas to clients and assist with implementation planning and execution. Administrators diagnose technical issues of an advanced nature and work independently and within a team environment to mitigate and resolve those problems.
Administrators use remote management software, Citrix software, Microsoft System Centers, management tools, verbal communication, written communication, and occasional on-site visits to manage and support clients. Administrators respond to telephone calls, support tickets, and personnel requests for technical escalations. Administrators document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolutions.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent time working within an IT support environment.
- Windows server administration.
- Network design experience.
- Firewall management experience.
- Router management experience.
- Wireless network support experience.
- Windows Patch and Security management experience.
- Active Directory management.
- Group Policy experience.
- Windows file security management.
- DNS, DHCP and IP management.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Office Productivity suites.
- Experience working with and supporting network hardware such as: Switches, Network Cabling, Wireless Access Points, Routers, and Firewalls.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Windows Server operating systems and networks.
- Able to communicate politely, clearly, and effectively with end users over telephone and by electronic correspondence.
- Attention to detail and the ability to document and track activities in real-time.
- Able to multi-task and work in a quickly changing environment with distractions.
- CompTIA A+ (Must be current or completed within first 90 days of employment)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Full Medical Insurance
- Optional Vision & Dental
- 401k Plan
- Travel Allowances